Thursday, July 16, 2015

     Time Management

     I work a great deal at a physically demanding job, and when I am off, my time is naturally taken up by my family and my own personal goals. There is time left over for homework, but I will still have to give up a lot of entertainment activities to do well. I don't have a problem with this; I gained a lot of discipline in the Marine Corps and it has benefited me greatly in other areas of life. I was able to get past my own resistance to doing less-than-pleasant tasks, and while it is still a challenge, it is one I have overcome before and am confident that I will again. Prioritizing my goals in life is crucial, because once I have made the decision to do something, like getting my education and moving forward, it cements itself into my routine until I can complete it. Since my days are so busy, I know it would be a waste of time to plan out a strategy for each day, so I will adjust daily as I see fit. I will need to depend on my family to help with things I haven't the time for, but our history has always been cooperative, and I know I will gain more time this way, too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your service to our country Jess! Also, a routine is a very important part of managing to stay on track.

    ReplyDelete