Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Discipline

Students in my field of study learn how to artfully take photographs, various other art techniques, and also how to work in the industry.

Many people who are in the photography field go on to work for newspapers and other periodicals; many choose to do freelance work.

I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps doing combat photography. I fell in love with learning how to capture my subject and how to capture a moment in time for posterity.

One of the most influential organizations in this field of study is National Geographic. They are a well known periodical that brings the world into the hands of ordinary people.





1 comment:

  1. Nice work Jess. I wonder if we still could have gotten more about the field, and specifically what it is about the field that makes you passionate about it? What does it do for you as an individual?

    ReplyDelete