Saturday, July 18, 2015

QRGs, the Genre

The use of headings and subheadings, Q&A sections, graphics, links, numbered/bulleted lists, and language that is understood by the average lay person are common conventions.
The formatting and design choices define these conventions by their flexibility and array. Their purpose seems to be to inform, educate, and persuade, not to take a particular side of an issue, but to entertain all sides of it. The intended audience for these types of articles generally are not experts in the field. Their audiences can certainly overlap, but taken one by one, they are focused on different reading audience, in that the topics vary widely.


Edit:
http://acjatana2.blogspot.com/2015/07/qrgs-genre-conventions-of-quick.html?showComment=1437339712610#c5775720602864460688

I liked the use of examples and more detailed information. My answers tended to be short and to the point on this part.

http://acjatana2.blogspot.com/2015/07/qrgs-genre-conventions-of-quick.html?showComment=1437339712610#c5775720602864460688

Again, a more expansive list of answers than mine; however I do think the same points got across.
A very thorough list of answers. While I do attempt to match the content of my answers to what information the question requires, my answers did not go into the specifics of each QRG. I do feel that my answers are complete, but as far as providing extra information,  they were not as detailed as those of the others provided.

Edit2:
http://livinginsonder.blogspot.com/2015/07/qrgs-genre.html
A very short and precise answer. A good writing style, one I use quite frequently when appropriate.

http://selenacarbajal19.blogspot.com/2015/07/qrgs-
genre.html?showComment=1437443996789#c4143127167598505070
We have a different style and seems like we also had different interpretations of the questions. Selena uses examples in an effective way, something I may do more of.

(At this point I either don't have access to the other blogs, or I've already replied to them, which is why there are only 2 links here. Thx.)

4 comments:

  1. I like that you talked about the overlapping ideas. I realize now that each QRG can have both sides of an argument and have overlapping ideas within on section. The QRG's seem to be more about getting all of the information out, rather than choosing a side of an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your concise informative breakdown of the QRGs. You put all of the information that I wrote in my QRG in a good paragraph which I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you mention everything QRG's may use in their text. I agree on your idea that the QRG is not meant to take sides but rather to inform their audience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you mentioned the importance of design choices and how that affects the conventions of a QRG. I also agree with you how the audiences can overlap and focus on a different reading audience.

    ReplyDelete