Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Draft of Rhetorical Analysis

The essay is an attempt to change the perception of photojournalists some have, especially those who work in war-torn or otherwise dangerous situations, as exploitative and inhumane. It examines the story of one photojournalist in particular and uses rhetoric to alter a common misconception concerning his death in 1994. I focused more on Carter as the subject, whose own rhetoric was used in the article this essay is based on, than the author of the text. The result is a much more subtle analysis than I had originally planned, but I feel the rhetorical strength of the essay is what makes it effective.

I wonder if someone could comment on my use of transitions?

Kevin Carter

1 comment:

  1. Something that I forgot to do but that may be helpful is using the author and name of the article in the thesis statement. I also think being more direct in word choice (or lack of particular filler words) may help direct the audience of your analysis. As far as transitions go, I thought they were appropriately used.

    ReplyDelete