Monday, August 10, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

My writing style and methods have stayed the same throughout the course, with some of the processes added on. The only way my writing is different is that I'm adding more into my process. A lot of what I used to think was busywork is actually useful especially with more advanced writing. As an example, reading about how to revise before actually revising saved me a lot of time. Also, gathering more information than I will likely need can be a good way to round out my knowledge of a subject. I noticed that the writing was easier with some extra knowledge that I didn't necessarily add to the text.  It's a little like taking the time to read the instruction manual on something complicated before you begin the work. In explaining my process now I would add that I also do more prep work before writing a draft, but this will be an addition and not a replacement for what I do now. It will probably stay much the same going forward. With longer and more complex papers the methods will be useful. This knowledge can build on itself with experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment